In a comment to one of my earlier posts, a friend wrapped up her thoughts with the good wish of "Happy peddling!" I didn't even notice the typographical slip until she herself pointed out having used the wrong spelling for "pedaling." The word "peddling" brings up quirky images like this one...rickety carts draped with pots and pans and bottles of snake oil...Being a Sea to Sea cyclist is certainly going to entail a lot of "pedaling," but I can't forget that there is another side to this...while I hesitate to call it "peddling," it does involve getting people to give up some of their money. Thankfully, I am not offering some trinket in return, but an opportunity to make a difference in someone else's life for the glory of God. Still, it's not easy for me to ask for money, and this may prove to be just as challenging for me as the physical preparation.
Over the past couple of weeks, between my daughter being pretty sick, then me battling a monstrous head cold, I haven't been able to do much "pedaling." I've used the time, however, to start making a serious push for donation collection. I've sent out lots of letters, written newsletter articles, appeared before the church deacons, and have been handing out business cards. Like I said, this doesn't come naturally to me, but God is good and amazing things are happening...Already, I have been stunned by some of the donations that are starting to come in, sometimes because of who they are from, and sometimes because of how much is being donated (sometimes both!). Many of you are reading this, and you know who you are...thank you for "being in!" By your donation, you are just as much a part of this endeavor as I am.
I still can't wait to resume "pedaling," though... maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:
hee hee hee ... what an embarrassing goof by my too-fast-typing fingers, but I'm glad you could turn it around here! :) I hear you on this one -- not long ago a little girl came to our door, asking for an order of Girl Scout cookies. My first thought was, "My gosh, how uncomfortable that little girl looks!" and my second thought quickly followed, "Thank goodness my kids don't have to do this kind of thing!" I ordered a box, to help that poor miserable Girl Scout. I know what it feels like!!! God's behind you, girl -- this is a great thing!
Post a Comment