If today is not the perfect day for cycling, I can't imagine what could be better. The forecast predicted a high of 67 degrees this afternoon, which actually sounded HOT compared to the 50-degree temps that I've been cycling very comfortably in lately. I decided to head out this morning, while it was still relatively cool, and the main (silly) reason was that I wasn't quite ready to shed my long pants to reveal my pasty white "winter legs" sticking out from under my cycling shorts!



How anyone can look at nature and believe that it all happened by accident is beyond me...
I did my favorite "alpaca farm loop," but I no longer allow myself the luxury of driving my bike on my car to that area and cycling from there. No, I have graduated to doing the whole thing "door to door" on my bike, which makes a nice little 21-mile jaunt, and very much uphill for the last couple of miles. It was just a beautiful morning, and I stopped a few times to shoot some pictures along the way...
Oh, and I even pushed my pants up to my knees for the last section of the ride, and didn't notice any cars veering off the road from being blinded by the glare off my bare calves. Hopefully the drivers were too busy taking in the beautiful scenery like I was. :)

2 comments:
Absolutely gorgeous views! God blesses us with beautiful things to look at, doesn't He??? Thanks for sharing. I am impressed that you take your camera with you!! As for the white pasty legs, at least they will be in shape! Today in MI: raining, cold at 41 degrees. Absolutely no blue sky. We had perfect weather this past weekend, so I shouldn't complain too much!
Love, Cammy
Awesome! Love the photos -- especially the barn set back along the creek (or whatever it is). Jacie said to me yesterday, "I love NJ in the springtime!" How true -- the sights are amazing (although I do think Washington D.C./Virginia beats us out -- three years there were pure bliss!).
Love the pasty comment ... I hear you. I'm very fair-skinned to start with, but the first exposure is always such a killer!
Post a Comment