Thursday, August 21, 2008
Day 4...finally some pictures!
We are staying at a school in London, Ontario tonight, and we have access to a computer lab where I'm finally able to upload some pictures:
This is a typical "SAG stop" (SAG standing for "support and gear" truck). These are spaced out about every 20 miles or so and have water, Powerade, and maybe some pretzels if you get there early enough. :) There is also a truck that pulls a yellow port-a-john; we weren't allowed to use that until we got into Canada because they didn't want to have to declare the contents!
Nice hair, huh? I've pretty much given up... or I just leave my helmet on.
This is Jasper the puppy that I met at the campround lake on Monday night. He's just too cute not to post.
This is kind of a long story, but let me see if I can summarize; we stopped Tuesday afternoon in a cute little "4 corners" town in Michigan to get a sandwich at this cafe. While we were eating, this guy ("Pete") kept coming out of the kitchen and telling us jokes and funny stories; he was hilarious. We asked him why there was a hearse parked in front of the cafe, and he told us that on top of running the cafe with his wife, he is also the local undertaker. (Didn't give a whole lot of confidence in the food) We asked if we could take his picture by the hearse, which we did, and he even let us sit in the back...it really was something out of a Bill Murray movie. For all we know, this guy could be the mayor, too...
This was the gathering spot in Marine City, Michigan, waiting for the ferries to arrive.
Waiting in line at customs on the Canadian side.
This was the "Welcome Sea to Sea" festival that greeted us on the Canadian side. LOTS of food!
Another welcoming committee in London, Onatario. (little girl's name was Annelise)
A typical "tent city". That's our tent in the foreground. This was from the second night, camped in the yard of a high school. Just behind me was the football team having practice, as well as the marching band. Pretty funny. Community showers in the locker room...that was fun.
I bet this goalpost has never been used as a clothes line before. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I have no words.....enjoyed this post thoroughly! I laughed out loud to see the picture of you drying your hair! Keeping you close in thoughts and prayers.
Sandy
Sounds like the "newbies" are doing ok. Not surprised Suzie took on the "accomplished" riders.
Smooth roads and following winds
Ralph & Beth
Nice helmut head Sandy. :)
Post a Comment